This year has been life-changing and hectic, but as we slowly come out of quarantine, we must remember to keep in mind the safety of yourself and others around you. Whether you’re enjoying an annual July 4th BBQ, pool party, or firework frenzy, you always know that 4th of July is another wonderful American holiday to spend time with your loved ones. So let’s cover a few basic July 4th safety tips, so that you, your family, and your friends can truly enjoy themselves!
Please note, the following is not legal advice.
1. Alcohol and Accidents On Independence Day
First things first, if you plan on drinking, make a plan to not drive by having a designated driver or utilizing an Uber, Lyft or other taxi services.
According to the National Institute for Highway Safety, July 4th is one of the single most deadly days on America’s roads due to drunk driving. The number of car accidents on Independence Day that result in serious injuries and even death is at a higher rate than any other day of the year. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has found that July 4th is the most dangerous day to be out on the roads — and alcohol plays a large part in that.
If you’ve had an alcoholic drink and think that you’re okay to drive, you run the risk of seriously injuring yourself and others by getting into a serious motor vehicle accident.
If you or someone you know is involved in a car accident in New York, you need an experienced NY accident lawyer to represent you.
2. Alcohol and Criminal Arrests for DWI
Beyond physical safety, you’re also putting yourself in a position of being pulled over and getting arrested and criminally charged with a DWI/DUI.
If you find yourself on the wrong side of the law and getting arrested, K L Sanchez law office team may be able to help by vigorously defending you against any DWI & DUI-related charges. For a top-rated criminal lawyer in Queens, call us at (646) 701-7990 day or night
3. Stay Cool Queens
If you’re at an outdoor party, be sure to hydrate yourself especially if you’re drinking alcohol. Heat exhaustion or stroke can happen quickly so be aware of how you are feeling and watch out for your friends if they’re exhibiting any signs of dizziness, fatigue, or nausea.
4. 4th of July Fireworks in NYC
Remember private fireworks are illegal in NYC. If you are using fireworks, you must have a permit issued by the City of New York.
5. Where to See 4th of July Fireworks in Queens Safely
During most years, you can see fireworks from many areas in Queens.
- Astoria Park event is hosted by Central Astoria Development Coalition. The event was canceled last year – but is back on this year, this even takes place on July 29th.
- Fort Totten Park. This family-friendly affair takes place on July 4th. Guests can set up lawn chairs and picnic blankets on the parade grounds, where you’ll get the best views of the fireworks.
- Flushing Meadows-Corona Park is home to Omar’s Fourth of July Block Party. This event is ideal for families with little kids as it takes place from 2 to 6 pm.
- CitiField is home to the stunning fireworks display, which takes place every July 4th after the home team (the New York Mets) plays a game here.
- Macy’s July 4th Fireworks from Queens. You can watch it from any area that faces midtown manhattan, such as Queens Bridge Park.
K L Sanchez Law Office P. C. is a Queens accident lawyer. We can help in any legal matter such as a DWI/DUI, a car accident, or a workplace injury. We are open 24 hours a day and are here for you in case of a criminal matter. If you ever need a lawyer in New York, call us at (646) 701-7990.
K L Sanchez Law Office, P.C.
3763 83rd St #1m
Jackson Heights, NY 11372