What Our Clients Say
Queens Immigration Lawyers - Free Consultation
Experienced Queens Immigration Lawyer - K. L. Sanchez Law Office P.C. - Immigration Attorneys
Our immigration laws in the United States can be very complicated and are in a continual state of modification and evolution. Consequently, they may be confusing and frustrating for anyone, particularly those who have limited English or are new to the country.
Today, immigration laws are incredibly complex, especially when trying to navigate them on your own. At KL Sanchez Law Office P.C., New York immigration attorney Keetick L. Sanchez and our team of Queens immigration lawyers inform and guide our clients so they do not have to feel uncertain about their status, rights, or options when applying for citizenship, a visa, or a green card.
Our attorneys will also assist those individuals who have overstayed their visas, entered the country without the appropriate documentation, or otherwise inadvertently violated immigration laws.
ABOGADOS QUE HABLAN ESPAÑOL! Llámanos ahora (646) 701-7990
Immigration Law Areas
Living in the United States can be risky for those who don’t know their rights and responsibilities under our immigration laws. Those who want to live and work here may be at risk of deportation without the proper documentation.
If you are one of these individuals, our Queens immigration attorney can help you with:
- Family Immigration
- Deportation and removal defense
- Immigration appeals
- Asylum status
- Permanent residency – Green card
- Extending your period of stay
- Temporary visas
- Hague Adoption Convention or Orphan Process
- New York residency
- Deferred action/DREAM Act
- as well as other matters of immigration law.
Individuals should not navigate complex United States federal immigration laws on their own. If you have questions concerning your own immigration needs or that of a family member, contact the experienced Queens, NY attorneys for immigration at KL Sanchez Law Office to discuss your individual situation and understand your legal rights. Speak with an experienced Queens lawyer about your immigration today.
Call our law firm at (646) 701-7990.
Queens, NY Family Immigration Attorneys
Individuals in the United States can petition for a family member to immigrate to the United States. Additionally, any foreign citizen who wishes to live in the United States must first have an immigrant visa. To be eligible to apply, that person must be sponsored by a relative who is either a United States citizen or a green card holder.
There are two categories of family immigrant visas:
- An immediate relative visa which is based on an immediate, close family relationship, or
- A family preference visa for more distant family relationships
- The sponsoring individual’s status will determine which family members will be eligible to immigrate. To sponsor any family member, the sponsor must either be a:
- United States citizen
- Green card holder
- Or a refugee or asylee admitted within the past two years.
Our experienced Queens, New York lawyers for immigration at KL Sanchez Law Office can help you apply for your immigrant visa or help family members who care to petition for a family member’s immigration. Our experienced attorneys in Queens are standing by to help – we fight for your rights in and out of court.
Green Card - Permanent Resident Card
Having a green card, also known as a permanent resident card, enables an individual to work and reside in the United States permanently. This is usually the first step for those who go on to seek citizenship. If you are looking to apply for a green card, the steps you take will depend on what immigration category you fall into, including
- Through family relations
- Through employment
- As a special immigrant
- Through refugee or asylee status
- As a victim of human trafficking or crime victim
- As a victim of abuse
- Through a registry
- Through other categories
If you are a U.S. citizen, you can apply for a permanent resident card for an immediate family member such as a spouse, child, or parent if they have entered the country lawfully. Before you apply, however, you may choose to speak with a lawyer in Queens, New York to understand more about how the US naturalization and immigration system works.
As a U.S. citizen, you may also wish to sponsor an adult child or sibling. These family members will be subject to a waitlist since there are only a limited number of these petitions available each year and your family member must have entered the United States legally to be eligible. It is important to get the advice of an experienced lawyer in Queens before you sponsor a family member.
If you are interested in applying for your green card/permanent resident card, our immigration law firm in Queens, NY can help you navigate your immigration application.
Call (646) 701-7990 to speak with an experienced lawyer from our firm today about immigration.
Deportation Attorney in New York
If an individual arrived in the U.S. illegally or has violated immigration laws, been arrested, or criminally charged in New York City, they may be faced with a threat of deportation. If a family member has been arrested or detained, it is often difficult to determine what happened and what further steps to take. An experienced lawyer for immigration can be very helpful if you are facing deportation proceedings.
At KL Sanchez Law Office, our experienced New York City immigration lawyers offer skilled legal deportation defense guidance, support for continued residence, or help with an application for re-entry if deportation has been enforced. A lawyer can also help you with:
- Locating relatives who may be held in detention
- Locating relatives who may have been transferred out of state
- Getting important information about a family member’s bail or conditional release
- Getting information concerning your family member’s ability to receive mail, phone calls, or visitors
- Ensuring that you or your family member gets legal guidance if facing criminal charges
If you need a skilled deportation defense lawyer in New York City, you can rely on our team of immigration lawyers to guide you and help you understand your rights. Visit our office conveniently located in Jackson Heights, Queens, or contact us via the website to schedule a consultation. Our experienced lawyers are here to help.
Temporary Visas Lawyer
Temporary visas are given conditionally for a non-citizen to remain in the United States for a finite duration. Each visa has a set of conditions and is subject to permission at the time of entry. These visas can be revoked at any time.
There are a variety of temporary visas depending on their purpose, with both long-stay and short-stay criteria including visitor, medical, transit, cultural exchange, refugee, student visas, employment, journalist visas, asylum, business, and more.
If you need assistance obtaining a temporary visa, get the guidance of a skilled lawyer for immigration to understand your options. Call to schedule a consultation with a lawyer today (646) 701-7990.
To apply for naturalization for citizenship in the United States, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of filing
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for three or five years, depending on the category under which you are filing
- Have a continuous residence and physical presence in the U.S.
- Have the ability to read, write, and speak basic English
- Demonstrate good moral character
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of United States history and government
- Demonstrate loyalty to the principles of the U.S. Constitution
- Be willing to take the Oath of Allegiance
- If you want to become a citizen of the United States, our New York City lawyer for immigration will review your application carefully to ensure eligibility and address any issues upfront. This will involve
- Ensuring there are no criminal convictions that may prevent you from seeking citizenship
- Getting test or language requirements waived for individuals who have resided here for over 20 years or are over the age of 55
- Ensuring there are no problems for those who obtained visas for employment or marriage
- Ensuring there are no existing tax issues that may prohibit you from eligibility
- as well as other matters to consider prior to seeking citizenship.
The lawyers in our practice work hard to obtain successful results for naturalization cases. Call today to speak with an experienced, compassionate lawyer (646) 701-7990.
What is the Average Cost of Immigration Lawyers?
Every lawyer is different in their pricing structure. Before hiring a lawyer for immigration, it is recommended to schedule a consultation with them first. This will allow you to feel at ease with the process and determine how much you are going to be charged. Consulting with them can also give you an insight into how the lawyer is going to handle your case and evaluate whether they are the right fit for your needs.
Some lawyers like attorney Keetick Sanchez, offer a free initial consultation, while others charge the client for the first consultation if they end up not using that lawyer’s services. Other lawyers charge the client for both the initial consultation and for their services afterward.
You should not sign any contract to retain an attorney’s services until your satisfaction is assured. This usually means that you should consult at least three lawyers before signing any contracts to engage their services.
It is also good to be prepared to pay for an initial consultation fee when looking for an experienced immigration attorney to take on your case. For some lawyers, the initial consultation fee ranges from $100 up to $400. You can also ask about the fee structure of each attorney to get an idea of the overall cost.
While you could expect to pay an attorney for immigration between $150 and $300 an hour, there are also many other factors that affect the costs of their work. These factors include the complexity of your case, and the level of the lawyer’s experience when it comes to immigration issues. Some lawyers charge an hourly rate, while others charge flat fees for certain applications.
Get Legal Assistance With Your Immigration Matters From An Experienced Lawyer
There are many paths to legal status or citizenship. Having the guidance of an experienced Queens, New York immigration law firm can help you determine which is right for you or your family. Contact the experienced and professional immigration attorneys at KL Sanchez Law Office for an initial consultation about your immigration needs in Queens, New York. To learn more about us visit our home page or blog.
To speak with a lawyer for immigration, call now: (646) 701-7990.