Experienced Long Island Accident Lawyer - Personal Injury Attorneys
People get injured in accidents every day. While some resolve with medical intervention and healing time, some are completely life-altering and financially devastating. For those who have suffered serious injuries in accidents caused by another party’s negligence, compensation from the at-fault party may be available. For these individuals, having an experienced Long Island accident lawyer in their corner can be critical to getting the help they need to go on with life after their injuries.
Accident attorney Keetick L. Sanchez and the team of Long Island personal injury lawyers at K L Sanchez Law Office have helped countless injured victims get the compensation they deserve after a serious accident. If you have suffered injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the law is on your side. Let us help protect your legal rights by holding the at-fault party accountable and getting the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What Our Clients Say
ABOGADOS QUE HABLAN ESPAÑOL! Llámanos ahora (646) 701-7990
Accidents that K L Sanchez Law Office’s Personal Injury Lawyers Represent on Long Island
Personal injury law covers a wide variety of accidents and harm caused to one party by another. Under these laws, accident victims have the right to seek financial compensation from the at-fault party when negligence was involved. This financial compensation can include everything from your short-term medical bills and lost wages to long-term future medical costs if your injuries are disabling. If you have been injured by another person, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages under personal injury laws.
At K L Sanchez Law Office, our experienced team of Long Island accident lawyers represents victims of:
- Motor vehicle accidents – The most common cause of personal injury claims in New York and throughout the country is to compensate victims of car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, rideshare, and other forms of public and private transportation. While we have no-fault insurance laws, individuals may go outside the no-fault system when their injuries are severe.
- Workplace and construction accidents – At K L Sanchez Law Office, we work diligently to ensure that hard-working Americans are provided the compensation they need to heal and get back to their lives. Our personal injury attorneys specialize in construction accident law and represent workers on Long Island and throughout New York City to ensure that they get the compensation they deserve after a workplace injury.
- Premises liability accidents – Property owners have a legal responsibility for keeping their property safe for those who use that property. When you have been injured on someone else’s property due to a hazardous condition, you may be able to seek compensation from the property owner through a premises liability claim. Our NY personal injury attorneys have extensive experience with property liability claims and getting fair compensation for our clients.
- Product liability accidents – Consumer products are required by law to be safe for those who use them. If you have been harmed by a product, device, or piece of equipment that was not safely designed, manufactured, or maintained, you may have a product liability claim.
- Wrongful death accidents – Unfortunately, accidents that result in a fatality leave family members not only emotionally but often financially devastated. For those who have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another individual, a wrongful death claim can help ease the burden of that loss.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, the Long Island lawyers at K L Sanchez Law will put our years of experience in many accident cases such as car accident cases, personal injury cases, and many others, firmly in your corner to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries and other damages.
Accident Lawyers from K L Sanchez Law Office Explain Insurance
While insurance was designed to help victims of accidents, the industry itself has been plagued with problems. For one thing, insurance is a for-profit enterprise. This means that the more they pay out to accident victims in settlements, the less they keep as profit. Consequently, settlements offered by the insurance company rarely are for the amount the victim is fully entitled to.
This is the unfortunate reality for many accident victims who struggle with getting fairly compensated in an insurance settlement, even with their own insurance company that they have responsibly paid premiums to for years. It is a well-documented fact that victims with legal representation get far more in an insurance settlement than those without.
Accident Attorney Keetick L. Sanchez Discusses Compensation After a Serious Injury on Long Island
While circumstances will vary from accident to accident, someone who has been injured due to the negligence of another party may have the ability to file an injury claim for compensation for: – Pain and suffering refer to the physical and emotional pain you have endured because of your injuries.
- Medical expenses – Your injury claim can seek compensation for any medical expenses from the accident, including emergency transportation and care, hospitalization, surgery, diagnostics, doctor’s visits, prescription medication, medical equipment, physical therapy, special nursing assistance, and other medical costs.
- Lost wages – If you have been unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to get compensated for your lost wages.
- Property damage – If you have been involved in an accident that resulted in damage to your personal property, you may be able to collect compensation for that damage or loss.
- Future medical costs if your injuries required ongoing long-term medical care.
- Loss of earning capacity if you can no longer work at your previous job or career.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering refer to the physical and emotional pain you have endured because of your injuries.
When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t face the system alone. Having an attorney may be able to help you navigate the process easier. At K L Sanchez Law Office, our team of accident lawyers thoroughly investigates the accident and seeks every possible opportunity for compensation so you can heal and get on with your life.
The Importance of Hiring an Accident Lawyer after a Long Island Accident
Seeking a legal representative is very important when you are looking at years, or even a lifetime of pain and suffering due to the personal injury you got from a dangerous accident. You can also avoid financial hardship and stress by hiring a personal injury lawyer who may be able to help you recover compensation.
You should also consult an accident lawyer if you are not certain who was at fault or negligent for the accident. Even if the fault isn’t obvious, you may be sued by the other party or their insurer for damages. You can protect yourself against any counterclaims by consulting an experienced Long Island accident attorney.
Another situation where a skilled accident attorney can help is when you negotiate a fair settlement or build a case for maximum personal injury damages. Your personal injury lawyer may be able to help ensure that you receive the full and fair compensation you are entitled to in the case of negligence or misconduct by multiple defendants.
A competent team of personal injury lawyers has the resources and ability to conduct an independent investigation into the accident and reconstruct the events. At KLS Law Office, experienced NY personal injury attorney Keetick L. Sanchez and her team of skilled Long Island accident attorneys work hard to find evidence, collect surveillance footage, and subpoena witnesses to help you build your personal injury case. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Long Island Personal Injury Attorney Explains the Statute of Limitations of Accidents
If you are injured by the negligence of another person or company, you might be able to sue them for the personal injury you received. However, you must do so within a specific time limit.
Although the statute of limitations for each type of lawsuit is different, the personal injury statute of limitations generally applies to New York within 3 years of the date of your injury or diagnosis. Personal injury cases that are filed more than 3 years after injuries are discovered will be dismissed.
However, when it comes to suing a municipal party, each town on Long Island has their own system. In many towns, you must file a notice of claim 90 days from the incident. Then, you may only file suit for 1 year and 90 days from the date of the accident – as opposed to normal 3 years for filing suit against other parties in New York. There are some exceptions to these rules. To learn more about statue of limitations on Long Island when filing a suit against a municipal party, call to speak with K. L. Sanchez today.
Not only is it important for court purposes, but the statute of limitations could also have an impact on your negotiations with the insurance companies of the business or person who injured you. Because you cannot sue them in court, an insurance company that represents the negligent person may not be willing to negotiate with you if you were injured in a vehicle accident.
Seeking the help of an experienced attorney is important during these kinds of situations. Having a skilled attorney for personal injury may be able to help the victim understand their rights and receive the compensation they deserve.
Personal Injury Lawyer Helping Accident Victims on Long Island
At K L Sanchez Law Office, we have a proven track record of success representing injured victims on Long Island, Queens, NYC, and throughout NY, standing staunchly on the side of the victim each step of the way. When you have suffered an injury, you can trust that our skilled Long Island accident lawyers are working diligently to get you the best possible settlement for your injuries. When that is not possible, we bring your case to court to ensure that your legal rights to compensation are protected.
If you have been injured in an accident on Long Island, Queens, or New York, you deserve an accident attorney who will fight hard for your legal rights. Don’t try to navigate it on your own. Call the experienced Long Island accident lawyers at K L Sanchez Law Office at (646) 701-7990 or schedule a free consultation through our online contact form.